Saturday, April 17, 2010

Paul Casper Profile


Hello! Paul Casper here! I am from Baldwin Wisconsin and am currently a senior at UWRF, majoring in biology with a minor in chemistry.

Research and Scholarly activities are not only fun to be involved in, but are also a great opportunity to gain useful experience as an undergraduate. The research that I have conducted as an undergraduate has helped me to prepare myself for future studies, as I look toward obtaining a Ph.D. in biology. Additionally, my involvement with the McNair Scholars Program has also assisted me in becoming a more competitive candidate for graduate studies and my future career. I attended the 18th Annual National McNair Conference in Delevan Wisconsin this past year where I was introduced to many different types of research being conducted throughout the U.S. I also presented my poster at Gala on Nov. 30, 2009, which was also a very rewarding experience. I am also attending the upcoming NCUR conference in Missoula Montana in May 2010. My involvement with undergraduate research has been highly beneficial, not only academically, but personally as well. I have been provided the opportunity to meet with many well-regarded professionals within my field and make many great friends throughout. RSCA is very exciting and rewarding to be a part of and I would recommend anyone get involved if given an opportunity.

Paul Casper, SURSCA Grants Officer 2009-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors